20 November 2019

Skinhead

I started shaving my head when it became obvious that I was not going to be going bald in a dignified manner.

My pattern of baldness is the kind where it will look like I'm trying to hide it with a comb-over even if I do nothing.

It's a small vanity.

But it has gotten me charged with racism a couple of times.

Particularly antisemitism.

Um...  Nope, it's just a hairstyle.

Especially when I regard this, "If the dismissal of Jewish scientists means the annihilation of contemporary German science, then we shall do without science for a few years." as one of the stupidest statements of all time.

And mining Hitler quotes for "stupidest" is hard fucking work; because the man was a font of stupid shit.

Aside:  Hitler also said, "The dogma of Christianity gets worn away before the advances of science. Religion will have to make more and more concessions. Gradually the myths crumble."  That sure sounds familiar and contemporary, don't it?

I like science.

Without science we don't get so many things that make everyday life so much better.

I happen to like indoor plumbing, electricity and the internet.  Science, Engineering and Industry.

Sciences that are chock-a-block with "untermensch".

But then, I celebrate individual accomplishment rather than racial attribution.

2 comments:

  1. I've got long hair and I get saddled with a lot of stereotypes too. I'm just assumed to be a racist biker instead of a racist skinhead. But older white dude -- bad man, probably likes bad orange man.

    ReplyDelete
  2. At least Hitler never thought you could sink an island by having too many troops on it.

    ReplyDelete

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.