13 November 2019

Ick?

Watching Babylon 5 and the episode where Mr Garabaldi (no relation) smuggles in and prepares bagna cauda against doctor's orders came on.

Being willing to experiment in the kitchen, I looked up the recipe.

It's pretty darn simple.

Most every recipe warns that if you don't like garlic, stop now.

They never warn against the anchovies.

I do not know if I like anchovies.  I know several people who don't, so it's never come up as a pizza topping, or anywhere else.

I'm not much of a raw veggie fan, so making this to dip veggies into doesn't seem to enter my wheelhouse.

I am, however, curious.

I'd hate to discover that I don't like it after going to the effort.

Of course, the only thing I'd need to make it right now is the anchovies.  Everything else is on hand.

2 comments:

  1. Anchovies are also the base for real Ceasar Salad dressing. Which isn't bad.

    If you like sardines, anchovies are okay. If you don't like sardines, well, you'll probably despise anchovies.

    Acquired taste...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just tried anchovies (or was it sardines?) for the first time the other day. Despite the inauspicious packaging and reputation, it pretty much tasted not far off from the fancy smoked salmon I had a few weeks prior. It's basically salty fish, if you like baked fish it will be fairly similar. Also, it's cheap, so you can buy a little tin of it to sample, although I don't know how much flavor/quality varies by brand

    ReplyDelete

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.