30 November 2019

Technomad Speaks

I'm not terribly friendly or sympathetic to gays as a group.   I remember, all too well, the years when AIDS first appeared, and how it was the gays who marched in the streets and fought like scalded cats to keep their damn bath houses open...even though those places were known and obvious vectors for the disease.  This doesn't strike me as well-thought-out, to put it very mildly.  And their "pride" parades seem designed to honk off straights in a lot of ways.

If all the gays wanted was to be left alone, I'd have to support them.  But I notice that a lot of them seem to want, not just quiet acceptance, but outright applause...and that a lot of their shenanigans seem designed mainly to piss off the straights.  This business with "He won't BAKE MY WEDDING CAKE!" is a perfect example.   In the first place, about any urban area (where most gays are) has lots of bakeries and other such places---why not go down the street to the next one?  In the second place, if you've got to have a cake from THAT bakery, what's so hard about buying a standard-issue wedding cake, replacing the figure on the top with a "two brides" or "two grooms" figure, and going with that?  I can buy those dead cheap on Amazon, and I doubt that gays are less net-savvy than I am.  In the third place---would YOU want to eat food made by someone who was more-or-less cooking it at gunpoint?  I am not too trusting and wouldn't go near it, myself.

I also notice that for all their howling about individual rights, I've never, not ONCE, seen "Big Gay" roll out the infantry, cavalry and artillery for anybody but themselves.  Advocates of the decriminalization of prostitution have noticed that "Big Gay" is utterly silent on the subject, even though a lot of sex workers are, themselves, gay, and gay sex workers are generally treated even more harshly than straights by the pigs.  With the honorable exception of the Pink Pistols, I also haven't seen gay groups rallying to the Second Amendment.  I may be wrong, or misinformed, but my overall impression is that they're dominated by urban liberals who're convinced that guns are icky and the sole preserve of toothless rednecks.  

Their current leadership seems to be caught up in a mental place where, having got the rights they said they wanted, they're out on a crusade to get back at everybody who opposed them...as well as payback on Mommy and Daddy, the preacher, and everybody else who wasn't too pleased about them coming out as gay  This strikes me as highly unwise, and as begging for a backlash against them that might just wipe out their gains. 

They could have had everything they wanted from marriage if they'd been willing to compromise on the word "marriage," calling it "civil union" or some such.  But a lot of their leaders wouldn't have it so, because that way they couldn't go out of their way to find venues and businesses that didn't want to be part of things, so they could sue and sue and sue and whip up Twitter mobs.  And I note that they got their damn ol' "Gay" "Marriage" via the courts.  What the Supremes gave, the Supremes can take away, blessed be the name of the Supremes. 

I frankly think they're heading for a real nasty backlash against them, and I won't feel one little bit sorry for them.   As Victor Suvorov comments, in what I think is a Russian proverb: "Greed ruined the priest."
The marriage vs civil union thing reminded me of something else happening in LGBTland.

What pronoun?  When is someone a woman?

Both sides are fucking this up from different directions.

The conservative / religious side is demanding that the chromosomes define sex and therefore gender.

The liberal / LGBT side is demanding that the external or apparent gender define gender.

Both sides want the defined gender to determine how the person is treated and its the definitions which are the sticking point.

The problem is gender and sex aren't the same thing, no matter how blurred both sides have made it by shoving the definition of one to coincide with the other.

That chromosome is what decides the sex.  Traditionally, in Western society, your gender follows your sex.

Traditionally.

What we have ended up with is people talking past each other very angrily because the terms are the same, but the definitions are different.

It's not helped that both sides have advocates who've chosen to be as big a prick about it as they possibly can be.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.