01 November 2019

Just In Case I'm Moderated

Hate is still the norm at GunFreeZone.

Miguel is concerned that people from Florida, for the first time ever, will break the law by open carrying AR-15's strapped to their chests at the November 2nd Second Amendment Rally.

I commented (and expect the comment to be deleted):

I used to think you had a brain, Miguel.

But now I am not so sure.

Because the people you despise so much have never broken the law to make their point.

You're not on the pro-gun side any more, because you fight against expansion of freedom.

I know it's terrifying that someone might be out there, somewhere, doing something you don't like and not hurting anyone; but that's how liberty works.

And you clearly don't understand it and oppose any freedom past what you're comfortable with.

He's clearly fighting against someone, but they're not named.  Or he's lost it and he's fighting demons only he can see.

If he wasn't such a great resource for spotting and tracking all the gun bills up in Tallahassee, and this is where his blog really shines, I'd stop darkening the door of the place.

Honestly, as long as you stay out of his three or four blind spots, he's a pretty decent fellow.  But he's entrenched into those spots like a tick and not only unwilling to have his mind changed, but unable to see that anyone has a point outside of his righteousness.

On open carry, I wish I could say he's Abe Simpson, yelling at the cloud.

What he is really accomplishing is providing the anti-gun, anti-liberty people a published example of a "pro-gun" voice who vehemently dislikes open carry, therefore emboldening them.  His voice of support for the anti-freedom side also cows the politicians who would support expanding our rights.

"I'm not sticking my political neck out if even the pro-gun people don't want it."

Thus Miguel has become what he despises.  A voice on the internet that's opposed to gun rights.

Denial is not just a river in Egypt.

1 comment:

  1. I like that in all the states where Open Carry and Constitutional Carry (ie: Carry whatever you damned well want however you damned well please) the levels of crime have fallen, dramatically.

    It's almost like an armed society is a polite society.

    So why the fruck is Miguel and Aesop freaking out over it all? Is it because they're scared (even though the statistics show OC and Constitutional Carry societies are safer) or is it because they can't find a gun that matches their outfits?

    I just want to exercise my right to keep and bear, without permitting, jumping through hoops, getting on a supposedly non-searchable list, only carrying certain weapons.

    When did their right to do as they please give them the power to trample my right to do as I please?

    And, yes, their narrowmindedness and closed minds over these issues makes them tools of the other side.

    Oh, well. Short of lobotomy, I don't know how we can cure their unwillingness to bend.

    ReplyDelete

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.