29 September 2024

Like A Scorpion It's My Nature

I did it again...

A female friend was venting and I was trying to fix the problem.

Ladies.

Don't bring us a problem you don't want solved.

Solving problems is what men do.

We wait for the opportunity, it's the main thing we bring to the partnership.

Don't get mad at us.

Don't say shit like, "now do you see why we're angry all the time from keeping shit bottled up?"

Because I'm going to reply with something like, "I figured you'd be happy getting the problem fixed!"

We are baffled by the idea that you just want to vent about a problem and leave it unresolved as long as someone will listen to the complaint and be sympathetic.

We're showing sympathy, we're offering to fix it.

I know you know how I respond to hearing about the problems of people I dislike.

It's isn't an offer to fix it, is it?

4 comments:

  1. SO much worse when you have the "Engineer Gene" (a "Dilbert" thing, but...)... Annoys my wife to no end :-) But is the way we are...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep. As summed up in "It's not about the Nail." https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4EDhdAHrOg

    They don't want us to solve problems, they want us there to listen and not say anything, yet if we don't say anything they get mad at us for not acknowledging their feelings but if we say anything we're wrong because we're saying something.

    ReplyDelete
  3. First question is always "Do you want a sounding board or help with a solution?"....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She gets mad when I say that. Even madder when I say, "is this a friend question or a husband question?"

      Because Husband will try to fix it.

      Delete

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.