21 October 2018

Crunch

Yesterday evening, Marv and I were cruising around testing to see if his stuck caliper repair had worked and to see if his cooling system fix had likewise been successful.

As we we were nearing the light-controlled intersection at an on-ramp; the light turned green.

The car in front of us entered the intersection and BAM!

An SUV, running the light and going rather fast, t-boned it from the offramp to the left!

We did the civic thing.  We stayed to help.

I got on 911 right away, Marv ran up to see what he could do.

There must have been 20 other people helping too, it was like a flash-mob of assistance.

I talked to the paramedics when they first arrived to give them the big picture on who was hurt and how bad.  The passenger in the SUV had obvious head injuries and was slipping in and out of consciousness.  I got a solid "Thanks!" from the Fire-Rescue supervisor for providing that quick overview.

The cops took Marv's information and statement.  I wonder if he's going to end up in court as a witness.

2 comments:

  1. I have two words for you, dash cam.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here's a video from last year after Irma.

    https://youtu.be/5a5QFSLvhbw

    ReplyDelete

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.