24 October 2018

I Love It When A Scheme Comes Together

The Bat is embarking on an adventure.

She's buying her hubby a private barrel from Foundry Distilling Company.

Once the whisky is removed from the barrel, whats to do with it?

My favorite local pico-brewery does barrel aged Imperial Russian Stouts.  I spoke with the owners and they love the idea of reusing the barrel for an aging.

But then what?

Not quite as local, but nearby, there's Siesta Key Rum.  Every year they do a beer barrel aged release for an insane price per bottle on a very limited basis.  Again, I've spoken with the owner and he's practically itching to use an Escape barrel for the beer-barrel release.

And it doesn't end there.  Siesta Key has a list of breweries who'll do their own barrel aging with it.

What do The Bat and I get?

The barrel rental is normally paid in the form of product.

This scheme will take years.

2 comments:

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.