29 August 2019

I Will Beat You Like The Red Headed Step-Child You Are!

Got the bell housing off!


I had to drop the front sway bar to get access to the front bolts of the engine cradle.  Then had to raise the engine a bit to get one bolt.

Anybody know what all this writing is?

I notice that the yellow springs have a mark on the body of the pressure plate and a tab the same color.  The tabs have moved about 1/4" from that mark.  I don't know how much wear that corresponds to.

No signs of leakage from the slave or rear main.

JT brought over his scissor jacks instead of the $50 a pop bottle jacks neither of us has.

Proof of JT:


I feel ever so much better now that this part of the tear down is done.

2 comments:

  1. Well,well,look who's the golden wrench.You showed it's who's the boss when that bell housing came off. I bet you had great satisfaction when that hit the floor. I've seen paint marks on pressure plates but never all the lettering.I searched to see if it was an acronym with no luck. Were all the plates fingers even where the bearing contacts? Ones I've replaced had collapsed fingers usually with a grenaded disc. Anyway good job,not only have you saved the labor but all the little detail parts will be back in place. Too many techs just stuff things back together,no pride in their work.Take care,Al

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The fingers are all even. I'm going to wait for it to get a little cooler in the garage before taking off the pressure plate.

      There's evidence of stuffing on the tunnel insulation, like the nose of the torque tube was just mashed in the general area during mating. I'm the only owner, so this had to have happened in Bowling Green.

      Delete

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.