23 August 2019

Yeah, incentives are important. I learned that in rehab.

Tomorrow's punch list:

Get rear of car about 6" higher.  That means getting some scrap 6x6.

Disconnect clutch master from slave.
Disconnect all three harnesses from the transmission.
Disconnect both transmission cooler lines.
Disconnect rear brakes.
Remove upper rear shock mounting screws.
Remover rear upper a-arm bolts.
Remove torque tube to bellhousing bolts.


That should have me ready for JT to come over and drop this thing out of the way!

Today I gathered parts.

I now own a creeper.  I can't believe how many years I've been wrenching without one.

Oh, and I managed to get the lawn mowed and the door to the shed fixed!

3 comments:

  1. Creepers are nice. Even nicer are real high quality jackstands or big blocks of heavy timber.

    I have never parked facing downhill and jacked the front of my Chrysler Imperial on a mound of cinder blocks so I could access the farking starter. Nope. Never did anything stupid like that (looks down, scuffs feet, prays wife doesn't read this comment...)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never used a bumper jack, without any other support, to work under the car.

      Nope. Never did.

      Delete
  2. Hey Angus;

    Doing all that and cutting the grass and stuff?, what you trying to do,,be productive and make the rest of us look bad? LOL

    ReplyDelete

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.