05 August 2019

An Old Refrain

I don't know about y'all, but I'm a bit ticked off at politicians seeking to curb behavior that I'm not exhibiting by passing laws that force me to behave differently.

"Wasn't me, didn't do it," is no longer a positive defense.

"You share some tangential characteristics with a criminal," is now proof of malfeasance.

You'd think that someone saying that because I am white, male, and own guns I am guilty of mass murder because another white male murdered many people would be considered racist and sexist.

But it isn't any more.

All I know is I didn't shoot anyone.

All I know is I don't hate anyone for the color of their skin.  I will admit to hating a few people because of the content of their character, but I hate from afar.

I avoid people I dislike.

I'm way more the type that will be engaged in the most common form of gun violence (suicide) than the least common (any type of rifle).

This is not to say that I am suicidal.  Far from it.  I've got lots of things to hang around for and experience, so don't call the cops.

1 comment:

  1. Yep, the stupidity is strong right now on the left...

    ReplyDelete

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.