22 September 2020

Diversity

I'm starting to notice that conservatives and Republicans are gaining in diversity of thought as Democrats shove ever further left.

Yes, it does mean that Republicans are skewing more to the left as people shift, but the defectors are moving right to meet them.

I've noticed that I can still have a civil discussion with a staunch, red-winged, conservative, Christian abortion prohibitionist about abortion.  I don't change their mind, but they don't walk away wishing me dead.

It's because we feel that the proper course is to convince rather than force.  That we fail to convince each other isn't casus belli to begin to force the other to confirm.

Personally, I've walked away with fresh perspective.  It's where my statement that people who've a religious objection to abortions shouldn't have their tax money spend on funding them.  And because money is fungible, that means that no government funding of abortions would be allowed under the 1st Amendment and 14th Amendment.

Private funding would be available for the same reasons.  You cannot force your religion and its position on abortion on someone else with government.

You're free to convince them outside of government, and you should keep trying.

IMPORTANT NOTE: That was an example, not an invitation to voice your opinion on abortion or try to convince me to your side.  Comments along those lines for this post will be deleted with as much Ruth as the SCOTUS currently has.

But the fact that we can actually talk among ourselves about many of these divisive issues shows more diversity than the supposed party of diversity.

They only care about the superficial differences and visible diversity.

All must conform.

That's why their judges are in lock-step.  Conformity.

That's why our judges often piss us off.  Diversity.

It's why we're more comfortable with freedom.  We're independent, not dependent.

It's why when I was asked, "do you have any black friends?" I replied, "No.  I only have friends."

1 comment:

  1. You've just confirmed in real life the observation that the right thinks the other side is wrong; the left thinks the other side is evil, immoral and needs to eliminated.

    ReplyDelete

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.