07 September 2020

Something To Ponder

OK, Star Trek: Discovery writers.

Riddle on this.

Your series is set prior to the events depicted in the original series.

By the time Kirk assumes command of Enterprise, none of the LGBT stuff you're putting forward is in evidence.

What happens in the few short years between your show and the original to wipe it all out?

If you select alternate timeline, you validate the theory that your show is not and was never intended to be Star Trek.

The "toxic" fans win and rejoice.

A good sci-fi writer could explain it.

I, a middling GM, could explain it.  But USS Chicago is already running around as Voyager and I'm not handing you anything else for free.

I guess that bears some explanation.

While it could be just a case of parallel evolution, all my FASA Star Trek The Roleplaying Game stuff was left in Minnesota when I moved back to Iowa.

One of my players took possession of those materials, including the deck plans and drawings of the USS Chicago.  A destroyer sized ship armed like a Constitution class cruiser.

If you change the engine nacelles from original cast movie style to Next Generation style... she's Voyager.

My former player headed west and got a job working in several places including where Paramount got their ship models.

Coincidence?

Maybe, but a damned close one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.