15 September 2020

But It Does Matter

I have never enjoyed football.

I find it tedious, repetitive and boring.

I solved my problem of not enjoying football by not watching it.

I ignored football as much as humanly possible in a nation where football is akin to religion.

I can't ignore the NFL any more.

Why?

Because they've decided to hate me.

Their hate of my country and my race has led me to double check if, in ignorance, I was supporting them.

For the most part I wasn't, but one place where I worry is my patronage of the local craft breweries.

Many of them were bragging about the return of the NFL to the TV and they would have the game on.

Just as they've always done.

But even as recently as last year, the NFL wasn't an active agent in hate.

That is no longer true.

What does a person of good conscience do in this situation?

Do I reward the breweries who brag they've got the games on?  Even though the channel carrying the game, the league sanctioning the game, the teams and the players have all advocated hatred of white people, arson, rioting, destruction and crime.

Do I stop going to breweries who've aligned themselves with this hate group or do I ignore it while their hate creeps up around my neck?

The support might be tangential, but tangential support is the easiest to withdraw.

1 comment:

  1. Go in, explain why you aren't patronizing their establishment because of NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, NASCAR and the Olympics because those organizations actively hate you.

    "Love your beer, can't stand your entertainment. Announce on your website when you stop showing that stuff."

    You've never had a problem expressing your opinion before.

    ReplyDelete

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.