06 September 2020

I Just Noticed Something

GURPS TL0 is stone age.

TL1 is bronze (approximately 3500 BC).

TL2 is iron (1200 BC)

TL3 is Medieval (600 AD)

TL4 is Age of Sail (1450+ AD)

TL5 is the Industrial Revolution (1730+ AD)

I am noticing that not many civilizations or cultures got past TL0 on their own.

Very few make it to TL2.  Even fewer make it to TL3.  Western Civ and maybe China make TL4.

Only Western Civ makes TL5, who then export and impose it on everyone it encounters.

I think that alone says that Western Civ is superior to all the other competitors.

And it's not the only reason.

1 comment:

  1. Another reason Western Civ's the best? No other culture ever developed role-playing games or a Tech Level system.

    Everyone else... losers!

    Prove me wrong. Roll yer saving throw!

    ReplyDelete

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.