22 May 2022

Appearances

Harvey has been a mite testy with her shoulder injury and all.

She's been on a short fuse, and we understand.

One thing she threw at me for being there and doing the stuff I've been doing was, "You just want to look like a dutiful husband to everyone!"

That stung, but she was just lashing out because the source of her frustration is beyond her reach.

Later, when she wasn't angry and depressed, I replied with, "Honey, I am being a dutiful husband, looks will take care of themselves."

That got a laugh.

2 comments:

  1. Good on ya, Thag--stay with it, mate...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Caretaking is one of those things that has some really sucky moments. It's part of that whole "death do us part" thing that seems to be missing in many modern marriages.

    As J said above, good on ya.

    ReplyDelete

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.