16 May 2022

More 9 v 45

Marv and my liking of the balance of the M&P 45C led us to consider the M&P 9 compact.

That led me to keep an eye out for deals.

ARFcom mentioned such a deal the other day and we pounced!

Bud's Gun Shop has the M&P 9 M2.0 Compact marked down a LOT.  $150 off on the model with the safety and more than $200 for the one without a manual safety.

It's just a bit smaller than the 45C in every dimension, most prominently in length.


 It's not going to be replacing the Shield Plus in my pocket though:

The bonus to holdout offsets the extra five rounds under most conditions.

The magazine is a shorter version of the old M&P 9 with two fewer rounds.


That means that the 17-rounders will work in the compact, they just stick out a bit:

If that bothers you, S&W included some spacer sleeves to fill the gap.

Looking a little Glock 45 here, huh?

I know you were worried, so I checked:  Yes, the M&P 9 M2.0 Compact has a place to hook a lanyard!

It tips the scales at 2 lb. dead even loaded with 8.9 oz. per loaded magazine (2/0.6 in GURPS terms).

Next stop, The Range!



No comments:

Post a Comment

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.