11 May 2022

Say Again Now

I'm interested in T2K era Polish small arms.

My P.64 and Kbk.88 are prime examples.


 I've had, and let slip through my fingers, a Polish Mosin M44.

I'm always half looking for a decent clone of a Polish AKM, Tokarev and...

P.83 "Wanad".

When I first started this Polish thing, P.83 were running about $220.

Then they were about $450.

Now they are about a grand.

$1,000 for a simple blow-back 9x18 pistol.

Even the older P.64 has gone from $200 to almost $500!

I am not accustomed to this at all.  The P.64 is even C&R eligible.

5 comments:

  1. Didn't the Poles make a pretty good 45ACP pistol?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're probably thinking of the pre WWII Radom wz35 which was a 9mm pistol closely related to the 1911 and Hi-Power. IIRC the only European. 45 ACP service pistol was the Norwegian M1914 which was a licensed Colt 1911.

      Delete
  2. I've had a C&R going back into the $100 including shipping specials era. I want to cry when I see what I used to buy so cheap is going for now. I bought 2 of the Wanads when they were $200 in unissued condition, I saw crates of Chinese SKSs going for $79.00 per rifle. I still have a few items, but when I think of what I sold and what I sold it for, damn, damn, damn.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Polish Tokarevs are some of the nicest in terms of fit and finish.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Every time guns have been going cheap, I've been running on fumes financially. When I've had some money, most of the time the prices have soared through the roof. I'd love to replace my .45-70 lever action, but ye Gods, these prices!

    ReplyDelete

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.