17 May 2022

Range Time

OK, I'm rusty and need to get out more.

First up!

The M&P 9 M2.0 Compact fired 50 rounds and now considered reliable for all time!

50 rounds of this:

I've never bought or shot any Syntech ammo before.

I guess it shoots OK.  Not my normal fodder.

This is just my second trip to the range since my accident and the first with my new glasses.  I'm shooting low and left and I don't know why.

The hammer assembly replacement and new stocks on the P220 worked out well.

Bottom left is a mag dump!  If nine rounds can be considered a proper mag dump.

Still low and left, but the group gets tighter as I go.  Several groups, and the last round, started double action.

The P220 sure is earning that Rcl -3 stat, but I'm doing OK with it.

.45 sure is big after loading up 9mm too.

6 comments:

  1. I found some of that Federal 9mm luger in 150gr. Same red jacket (polymer coating) I think? Shoots just fine in my G19, so I have a couple hunnerd rounds of it at least. I like the idea of the heaviest round I can find in 9mm. 115 is great for practice but within 40 meters or so, it all shoots the same to me. (handgun only of course).
    Ohio Guy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Check your grip. If your trigger finger gets past the tip it can cause you to pull low and left (assuming you are right handed). Speaking from experience.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hate when bad habits return when I neglect practice.

      Delete
    2. For me, low and left is me anticipating the bang. Throw a snap cap in one of the mags at random then mix your mags. If you are pulling/anticipating you'll see the point of aim go low left when you click on the snap cap.

      I'm reminded of having paying to have a range expert/employee check my newly replaced sights. He had one flyer and the rest were all centered. He told me the sights were fine. I shot another 50 round and none were close to center. Was bitching as I left and another range person took a look. The front sight was visibly of center. The first shooter was good enough that he just automatically corrected his point of aim and didn't notice.

      You'll get it back with just a few more rounds down range.

      Delete
    3. It could be from leaning against the table for me. For some reason that always messes me up.

      Delete
  3. You might not be happy with those groups but my first thought was to make sure I didn't p*** you off.

    ReplyDelete

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: Sign your work. Try this link for an explanation: https://mcthag.blogspot.com/2023/04/lots-of-new-readers.html

Anonymous comments must pass a higher bar than others. Repeat offenders must pass an even higher bar.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.