21 May 2022

Oldest Gun

 


My oldest gun is a Harrington and Richardson Automatic Top-Break 2nd Model 1st Variation. (top)

In the obsolete .32 H&R.

.32 H&R is very similar to .32 S&W Long dimensionally, and I've fired S&W Long from it without getting hurt.

Near as I've been able to determine it was made in 1891 and really shouldn't be firing smokeless rounds anyways.

This was the gun that Grampa kept in the tool-box at the gas station.

Because it was Grampa's, I cherish it beyond it's sale value.

My oldest firearm (bottom), because the H&R is pre-1898, is the gun Grampa kept under the counter of the gas station; it a Iver Johnson Safety Hammer Automatic 3rd Model in .32 S&W from 1911.  It's probably safe for smokeless rounds.

It carries the same sentimental value as the H&R.


2 comments:

  1. Some Fein Werks y've there, lad...Fer me to be older than me eldest gon, T'would need ta be a matchlock, some say...Others say a Stick wiffa sharpe rock tied aloong...God rest ye merrie...

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you've fired .32 Long from it safely, you could certainly fire .32 S&W (.32 Short) from it.

    ReplyDelete

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: Sign your work. Try this link for an explanation: https://mcthag.blogspot.com/2023/04/lots-of-new-readers.html

Anonymous comments must pass a higher bar than others. Repeat offenders must pass an even higher bar.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.