04 May 2022

Gallons To The Moon!

Engineering Mode on The Beast give the fuel remaining in liters.

With a full tank it shows 68.5l.

Googling liters to gallons gives imperial gallons as the default...

15.06789 imperial gallons.

The capacity of the tank is supposed to be 19 US Gallons.

But I had not noticed the default choice wasn't US Gallons, so I worried my gas-gauge was reading low.

68.5l is 18.09854 US gallons.  Much closer to the stated fuel capacity in the owner's manual and an exact match for what everyone else says the tank holds.

I feel much better.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: Sign your work. Try this link for an explanation: https://mcthag.blogspot.com/2023/04/lots-of-new-readers.html

Anonymous comments must pass a higher bar than others. Repeat offenders must pass an even higher bar.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.