05 June 2022

The More I Read

The more history of the Indian wars I read the more upset I am about Dances With Wolves.

The Lakota Sioux are presented as friendly and the Pawnee as hostile.

That's an inversion of which tribe was what at the time the movie is set.

Even worse, the Pawnee got friendlier as time went on and they, along with the Crow, aligned their fates with the US.

Interestingly, there's a deleted scene from the movie where the "friendly" band that Lt. Dunbar is familiar with attacks and massacres white settlers.  Try finding that online!

Also the more I read about the time period the more convinced I am that there were no good-guys involved.  Both sides were intent on fucking the other side over and one side simply had a bigger cock, though they repeatedly used lube.

1 comment:

  1. It was a low intensity conflict between native American tribes the whole time before and during European settlement. Most tribes that were "friendly" with whites did so to gain allies against stronger tribes in that area.

    ReplyDelete

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.