24 April 2023

Manuel Esta A Salvo

TTAG has an article about manual safeties and striker fired guns.

I have a couple.

All the M&P's have a manual safety.

None of the European guns do.

I tend to prefer a manual safety for carry and demand it for pocket-carry.

On the bigger M&P it makes a handy thumb rest!

But I carried a Glock for a long while with the chamber loaded to no ill effect.  The same effect, in fact, that carrying an M&P with a safety engaged.

It is a preference item, do what you want.  Which is basically what the article says.

The SIG is likely going to grow a safety before long because it's a tar-baby project gun.


4 comments:

  1. the 2 most important safeties are your brain and trigger finger...carried a glock for so long now i wouldn't know how to use a manual safety...panzer guy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a dyed-in-the-wool TDA guy and even I don't like safeties. The long DA pull on the first shot is safety enough for me,. My TDA guns have safeties that are either decock-only, or can't be engaged when the hammer is down (ie, CZ).

    -Jking

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is TDA (traditional double action) the new way to say double action pistol? To distinguish it from DAO?

      I'm behind on the latest terminology, I guess.

      When I was toting the S&W 59 I practiced that first shot a lot. I got quite good at it, too.

      Delete
    2. Yep, you got it. I'm trying to stay hip with the new lingo. When I started shooting in the 80s, they were called DA/SA pistols (to distinguish them from Single Action pistols), but nowadays it's TDA. -JKing

      Delete

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.