15 April 2023

Giggle

Douglas Cole made a formula to calculate the damage if you knew the real world stats of a bullet.

The inputs are in inches for bore size, feet per second for velocity and grains for bullet weight.

A 115mm HE round is about 230 thousand grains going about 3 thousand feet per second.

I giggle about the big ass numbers I'm throwing around here.

I didn't save it, but I've used this formula to figure the damage for a 16"/50 Mk7.

A lot.  Plus an explosion.  6dx62(2) pi++ and a linked 6dx26 [6dx2].

There's some tank rounds that are approaching the penetration, but none which have that explosion afterwards.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: Sign your work. Try this link for an explanation: https://mcthag.blogspot.com/2023/04/lots-of-new-readers.html

Anonymous comments must pass a higher bar than others. Repeat offenders must pass an even higher bar.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.