17 April 2023

Paging Technomad

Reading this story sure reminds me of stories Technomad told about his rental and the class of renters he had.

Landlords don't have property rights, they have property privileges.

The squatter thing is getting ready to come to a head and renter's rights will be dead for a very long time.

It's getting to the point of bulldozing a place is cheaper than renting it out and keeping a vacant place from sprouting squatters.

I also question the police position that this is purely a civil matter.

The fake lease is fraud.

They are literally stealing the house from its rightful owner.

Those seem like crimes to me.

This is just another example in a long list of where parasites are being protected from justice.

4 comments:

  1. Hey Angus;

    Depending on where you are at, Renters have all the right and landlords have squat, the recent "pandemic" kerfluffle was proof of that when they "waived" payments for the parasites..er I mean renters but the landlords still had to pay the taxes on the property and everything else or the bank or the state was going to seize the property. This is why I refused to rent out my M-I-L's house after she passed. I wasn't going to be put in that position and after seeing all the crap landlords put up with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Or, drop a couple grand on a local motorcycle grand to have the squatters disappear.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are GOOD reasons why I'm glad I'm out of that business. The only way I'd ever get back into rentals would be if I had someone like Tony Soprano backing me up. Between the class of people I had to rent to (I explained and explained and explained to my brother that the kind of nice young couples he wanted us to rent to can afford houses here, and prefer them for obvious reasons) and being all alone on the job with no back-up, it was nothing but hassles. Having the particular building I had, in the town it was in, did NOT help.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had to help a guy who was doing some contract work on my house get rid of squatters from his place so he could get it sold. We had to break a few rules to get it done... but one advantage is that people who have outstanding warrants don't like it if you threaten to call the cops on them... Funny how they disappear when they think that they might get arrested.

    ReplyDelete

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.