13 April 2023

Mostly Because It's Fun

Been chipping away at making GURPS stats for T2K tanks.

Got the M48A5 and M60A3 TTS done today.

The US did not subscribe to the German doctrine of thinner armor and higher speeds in the 1950's.

Frontal armor on the M48 is MUCH thicker than the Leo 1.

DR 606 on the M48 vs 385 on the Leo front slopes.

Surprisingly, the M60 is more lightly armored than the M48, except on the front of the turret.

DR 736 for the M48 turret and DR 981 for the M60.  That sloped pinched nose really helps from the front.

I got to make stats for the, hated, M219 MG as well.  It's the same stats as any other 7.62 NATO MG with it's own weight and RoF entries and a Malf of 16.  That's actually an improvement over the M73's Malf of 14!

I am so happy I never dealt with them, the M240 was coax on all my tanks, M60A3 TTS, M1(IP) and M1A1(HA).

Since I statted out the M551 Sheridan and it's gun/missile system; just for giggles I might make stats for the M60A2 "Starship."

Twilight:1970 might be a lot of fun.

I definitely need to make stats for the old Soviet shit too.  The first time I made a GURPS conversion I had enough on my plate with three T-72's, two T-80's, two T-64's and speculation about T-90 and or Black Eagles.  Making the T-54/55 and T-62 was off the radar.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.