04 April 2023

Golly Look At All Those Wires

Plugging away on getting a back-up camera on The Beast.

I have to make a couple decisions about what part I wanna cut holes into.

The cleanest choice is to relocate the trunk release key tumbler to near the license plate... Or to put an extension for the in-trunk emergency release so it can be accessed from inside...

Both have security issues.

If you break a window you can get the extension and get into the trunk.

Putting it by the license plate puts the cable were some skinny motherfucker can wriggled under the car and yank on it where it goes up into the fender.

As I was typing this out... I had a vision!

There's already a hole in the cargo shelf the right diameter for a key hole!

Lord knows they gave me enough cable to route it anywhere I want it. 

The next step is running an RCA cable from under the dash to the trunk then down to where the keyhole used to be.


No comments:

Post a Comment

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.