21 January 2024

I've Already Done This At A Higher Tech Level

Looking for different weapons because I've become stuck in a rut on every character sheet is something I've done before.

Amusingly, much of the time there wasn't much difference in the game stats.

A Galil in T2K is a heavy M16.  It's a heavy M16A1 that does a little less damage has a little less range in GURPS.

9mm pistols are pretty much all the same with small variations in mass and capacity.

I got chided for always having a 1911, Hi-Power or Glock 17 on my character sheet depending on the game.

So one day I took a S&W M&P .38 revolver for a private detective character.

I could have knocked them over with a feather!

2 comments:

  1. I always kinds regretted not buying a .223 Vallmet back in 1990 or so when they were available at places like the fairgrounds gun show. Alas. Unobtanium nowdays. There are a bunch of other regrets like that. But that's life. I got a lot of that makes a lot of people go "WTF is that?" at the range... Several things that are basically hand load only due to unavailability of commercial ammo.
    -swj

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's wonderful and all, but I was talking about breaking type in character creation.

      Delete

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.