01 January 2024

Justice

It's important that only the people who did the crimes be punished for them and only those whom were harmed are recompensed.

There are no living Americans who were slaves prior to the 13th Amendment being ratified.

Likewise, there are no living Americans who owned any of those slaves.

Considering the 360,000 people who gave their lives to free the slaves and make sure those slave owners remained where the laws of The United States would affect them...

America is even with the former slaves and their descendants.

It's not America's fault that you failed to do anything with that freedom...

Except...

The Democrats.

They're the KKK, they're Jim Crow, they're who fought so long for segregation, they're who opposed every attempt to make black people actually equal for decades.

They're the people that are keeping you from succeeding and they're doing it by tricking you into thinking they're helping you.

But, you keep reelecting them...

So my sympathy is somewhat thin.

I want you to have the same chances I do, but you have to accept that will mean you risk the same failures I do as well.

I am no great success, but I know it's my fault, and I blame the correct person for my failure.

You should give that a shot.

PS: You're going to have to abandon your Democrat endorsed toxic subculture and become Americans too.  Being an American is actually a pretty sweet deal, you might find it suits you.

PPS: The Democrats actively fought your emancipation so hard that there needed to be two additional Constitutional amendments just to make sure you got rights everyone else thought came with being citizens until the Democrats systematically denied them to all y'all.

5 comments:

  1. Democrats were also the predominant slave holders in Northern States, you know, the ones that had to have their slaves ripped away by act of Congress after the Civil War, as late as 1868.

    Yeah, no sympathies anymore. With any of it. Woodrow Wilson democrats, FDR democrats, LBJ democrats, Carter dems, Clinton Dems and, of course, Obama-Biden dems. Who vote with their feelings and passion rather than facts and logic (though there are enough conservatives who do the same thing, witness all the gutless RINOs who keep getting re-elected.

    Too bad we can't enact some citizenship test for the average voter, or at least require one-day-voting only, in-person, unless in the military or have a damned good excuse (and voting day should require, if oversees, a visit to a base if possible or to an embassy or consulate to drop off one's votes.) And it also should require proof of identification (which the Safe-ID provides) or a US passport.

    ReplyDelete
  2. An interesting point about Barak Obama that often gets glossed over is that his family never really lived the same experience as most other black people. His father wasn't "African American". He was African. None of Obama's family were ever enslaved in the US. So if there were to be "reparations", how do you sort out the people like him who even by the faulty logic of "ancestral debt" have no claim? How do you decide who has to pay? How do you sort out the people whom none of their relatives were even in the US prior to the 13th Amendment? That's actually quite a few. They have no "ancestral guilt". Even for cases like myself, a lot of my ancestors didn't come to the US until after the Civil War, and almost all of them lived in northern states where slavery was uncommon and even more so, most of them were usually more or less penniless and probably couldn't have afforded slaves anyway. Some of my Nordic ancestors came as indentured servants. Blaming me for what people did over 150 years ago just because I'm pale faced seems a little unfair. Blame me for things I've actually done for what that matters, but I don't buy the "priviledge" arguments much. I've got family who share DNA with me that also share DNA with people of African origin. I know our experiences probably weren't exactly the same growing up but I know they don't wallow in self pity. I I can tell you from talking to them that they embrace all of their ancestry. And they're doing pretty well for themselves.
    -swj

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, democrats and republicans were certainly different as you go back through the generations. I wonder what Ike and Truman would think of their respective parties today? -Jking

    ReplyDelete
  4. but also regarding slavery: Yes, we fought a war over a state's right to own people. My yankee ancestors had a great time marching with Sherman and we won that argument.

    Southern Dems and Jim Crow tried reversing that win to an extent, but those days are long gone. I believe the playing field is largely level nowadays regarding race. Being born into money & privilege remains the main advantage one could have in life. -JKing

    ReplyDelete
  5. 1. There were slaves in the US.
    2. A bloody civil war was fought, at least in part, to free those slaves.
    3. Liberia in Africa was established on land acquired for freed U.S. slaves by the American Colonization Society.
    4. All the "descendants of slaves" now in the US are in the US because their ancestors chose to stay rather than return to Africa.

    ReplyDelete

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.