26 January 2024

Once More Into The Breach

The o-rings for the washer fluid filler neck seemed a bit weak, so I ordered a replacement neck.

The new o-rings are a MUCH snugger fit.

I now know what I have to remove to get the angle on the tube to get it into the hole and seated.

1. Filler neck bracket.

2. Air filter box.  See important note below.

3. Unplug the driver's headlight capsule.

Important note: Never remove the mass air flow sensor from the filter side; always disconnect the downstream connection.

This leaves a gaping hole that you can get your whole torso into and reach around the radiator to get at the reservoir's inlet.

You read that right.  Reach around the radiator.

The washer fluid reservoir is in the front bumper.

I know!

Now I need to get some washer fluid to see if the obvious leak was the only leak.

Update: No leaks apparent after ten minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.