25 January 2024

Fix Broken

I use an NAS box to store files.

This is handy because we use laptops for most stuff.

My laptop is running Ubuntu.

When I got the NAS it was Ubuntu 20.04 and everything worked fine.

I upgraded to Ubuntu 22.04 and things took a turn for the odd.

Listed in the network list was "NAS Box" and "NAS Box (AFP)".

"NAS Box" wouldn't take the login and passwork, but "NAS Box (AFP)" did.

Kludge works, drive on!

The connection to "NAS Box (AFP)" would drop at random and take several minutes to reconnect.  Irritating, but not insurmountable.  Nothing critical either.

Last night there was a Linux update to Ubuntu and all of a sudden "AFP Not Recognized" shows up when I tried to connect to "NAS Box (AFP)".

Being monkey curious, I tried to connect to "NAS Box."

Login and password accepted, drive mounted!

This is what it was supposed to be doing, but wouldn't since the upgrade to 22!

Happy dance!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.