02 January 2024

M7 M10

For my birthday, Marv got me a Gen Cut M7 bayonet.  It looks to be an unissued, but out-of-package example.




Because it was on sale, for an excellent price, it did not come with a scabbard.

Amazon, of all places, sells bare scabbards.  Because I am awash in M8A1 scabbards, I chose an M10 for this bayonet.  New in wrap!

Cage code 20014, interestingly enough, is for General Cutlery!  The same folks who made the bayonet.

Compared to the vintage M8A1.

The M10 scabbard is 4.0 oz. and that's 0.9 oz. lighter than an M8A1 (both weighed without the shoelace).  Interestingly, this M7 and scabbard weighed 15.5 oz.  That makes it an 11.5 oz. bayonet.  A previous measurement of an M7 with M8A1 scabbard was 15.3 oz. for a 10.4 oz. bayonet.

I'm interested to see what the tolerances on the parts are to give that spread.

1 comment:

  1. Nice gift ! A bayo from one of your buddies. I remember when surplus bayonets were inexpensive and easy to find. Not so much anymore - made from unobtanium, especially the more rare and vintage models.

    Congratulations and Happy Birthday !

    jrg

    ReplyDelete

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.