09 January 2024

No Bill

The grand jury for the Houston taqueria shooter has declined to pursue charges.

When this happened, last year, the interwebs were all a quiver about how this guy fucked up and went past the requirements of self defense.

Especially the anchor shot.

Strict reading of the law will lead you to that conclusion.

I tended to agree that he'd screwed himself by taking that extra step once the threat had ended.

I maintained that he shouldn't be, but probably would be.

It would appear that I am not alone in my thinking.

The Harris County, Texas grand jury tasked with the case decided that ridding the world of one scumbag gives a little latitude about when, exactly, the threat ended.

He was not a good person.  He was out on bond for domestic assault.

It needs to be mentioned, every time, that the deceased was convicted of a robbery where their fellow robber killed the person they were robbing.  He served 6 of the 15 years given him for the crime. 

Note: If 15 years meant 15 years he'd still be in prison, and alive; because he was convicted in 2015.


1 comment:

  1. I'm both surprised and proud as a citizen of Texas that a Grand Jury in Texas decided to no-bill that guy. I just hope that the pinko DA office in Harris County doesn't shop the indictment to another Grand Jury like the Travis County DA's office has been known to do when they are trying to railroad someone (usually a Republican politician).

    I am ashamed that the deceased scumbag perpetrator only got 15 years for participating in a robbery where someone was killed, and even more embarrassed that they only served 6 of those years. And worse that he was out on bond for domestic assault which meant his victim was probably in grave danger.

    I know that the hero in this case (which I believe him to be) probably stepped slightly over legal bounds by taking as many shots as he did, but I personally don't feel at all bad about that because I think the law is too restrictive. I also think that frankly the achor shot likely didn't matter a whit anyway because the perpetrator probably was el muerte by that point anyway.
    -swj

    ReplyDelete

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.