07 January 2024

That's Right (Updated)

I skipped the BRDM-3 because the vehicle in T2K never happened!

There's no 30mm armed version of the thing.

The OT-65 in the game is closest to the OT-66, but not quite the same.

I need to check if the BRDM-2 would have stayed in service, because I think they were being phased out for BTR-70 variants.

Update: The BRDM-2M remained in service with the turret from a BTR-80.  Still 14.5mm gun though.

I think the same trend was going on with OT-65 users too.

Update: The OT-65 and OT-66 would have been out of service by the time T2K rolled around and were, mostly, replaced by the very similar BRDM-2M.

I feel all better now!

I might make stats for the OT-65 and 66 anyways, because there are still a lot of them around in storage depots today.  Someone probably got some running, much like the Soviet Union Russia is doing with T-55's for service in Ukraine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.