05 October 2018

Synchronicity

Willard and I were doing silly "what-if" stuff yesterday.

He mentioned that The Rhodesian African Rifles (RAR) was a sister unit to The 5th Infantry Brigade and if they'd only called the whole RAR would have joined the fight in the Falkland's (and having been disbanded recently; they were available).

That got us thinking about the Argentine reaction.

They were certainly freaked the fuck out about the rumors (rumours?) the Brits were spreading about how the Ghurkas fought, including beheadings and ninja-like infiltration skills.

We were thinking a quiet word spread about the RAR and how they reverted to their cannibal roots when abroad and how they'd been regaled with glories of "Hispanic food" on the trip over from Rhodesia.  I said all it would take to force a surrender would be to land carrying a gigantic cauldron...

I told you that story so I could tell you this one.

I went to check something on Facebook and a targeted ad had a 25 gallon cauldron.

Google is fucking listening!

But wait, there's more!

I mentioned to FuzzyGeff on the phone that I'd never find a Gen 1 PMAG gathering dust in a gun shop because ALL of them sold-out during the Great Obama Panic(s)®.

Lo and behold, I found one sitting in the case at a pawn shop the next day.

Willard asks, that with the power to align the universe I appear to have, "Why don't you ask for something like an 18 year old cheerleader who has a thing for old bald guys with beards?"

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: Sign your work. Try this link for an explanation: https://mcthag.blogspot.com/2023/04/lots-of-new-readers.html

Anonymous comments must pass a higher bar than others. Repeat offenders must pass an even higher bar.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.