29 October 2021

Another Sign?

I think I noticed another symptom of a bad BCM now that it's not presenting after putting the original one back in.

The chime would sound as if I'd left it in accessory mode when I opened the door to get in quite often.

All of the switches and sensors for the doors, lights and power go through the BCM before heading to the instrument panel to generate the chime.

I think I simply got a bad BCM back in August of '18 and it's been slowly degenerating over the past 28 thousand miles.  I blame removing lead from solder.

I wonder if tin whiskers are all up inside that thing.

1 comment:

  1. Lead free solder does in fact suck. It tends to be harder to work with, doesn't adhere as well and more brittle than old fashioned solder.

    ReplyDelete

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: Sign your work. Try this link for an explanation: https://mcthag.blogspot.com/2023/04/lots-of-new-readers.html

Anonymous comments must pass a higher bar than others. Repeat offenders must pass an even higher bar.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.