25 October 2021

Loom Num

Reading up on the difference between the 59 and 459 leads to noticing the differences between the 459 and 659.

Steel slide and aluminum frame on the 459, stainless steel all around for the 659.

That makes the 659 a tubby girl.

An entire loaded magazine heavier than the 459.

2.3 vs 2.9 pounds.

I would express concerns over aluminum's durability here, but there's model 39's running around doing just fine.  Some of them are quite long in the tooth too.

Thinking about materials always gets me wondering about changing the perfectly cromulant nylon stocks on my 59 over to something pretty like walnut.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.