15 January 2023

Arfcom Don't Get It

The wall that people at Arfcom are hitting is this:

The ATF did not just suddenly decide something that was totally, and unmistakably, legal and make it illegal.

They made illegal something that was illegal before they approved pistol braces about a decade ago.

That we have them at all resulted from someone coming up with something that could be strapped to a forearm to help a one-handed shooter shoot better.

They asked the ATF if that would be OK, and this is key, because it wasn't clear that adding anything to the back of pistol wouldn't make it an SBR.

It would probably have remained OK if someone hadn't made such a brace for a pistol that was made from a rifle design.

But they did.

And people kept asking if they could use their brace like a stock and got told, "yes."

Then the braces kept getting more and more stock-like.

I'm not even going to speculate on the intent to get around registering their AR pistol as an SBR, but I've yet to see anyone strap their brace to their arm.  I've seen lots of people shouldering a short AR with a brace on it though.

It really made me wonder why I wasted $200 each on mine.

I've long said the ATF would eventually plug the loophole they created.

And if they have the authority to give, they have the authority to take away.

I notice that hardly anyone stood with me and my interpretation of how this would go when it started.

It would be better if the law were changed.

It would be best if all this unconstitutional shit was deleted from the Federal books.

But we've got to play the ball where it lies.  Even from the sand trap.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.