15 January 2023

I Don't Understand

I had never actually watched Taxi Driver.

It's supposed to be such an outstanding film.

I made it an hour in before I got too tired to keep going and I've still got to finish...

But this thing sucks.

I'm not seeing why film critics goop themselves over this.

53 minutes to go.

At least with The Godfather I could see why it was a good film, even if everything it'd pioneered had been used in films made long after it; but that I'd seen before I saw The Godfather.

3 comments:

  1. Saw it, also thought it sucked. Makes sense that only a crazy person (shooter of Reagan) would like the movie and watch it over and over and over.

    It's a typical art flick. Made to make critics happy and win awards at film festivals. Has nothing to do with watchability.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! I thought I was the only one who thought Taxi Driver was a mass of garbage.
    JFM

    ReplyDelete
  3. It depicted Vietnam war vets as homicidal lunatics who should all be put to sleep so the usual suspects cheered.

    ReplyDelete

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.