28 January 2023

Larf!

Every once and a while I search for Artillery Lugers on Gunbroker.

I don't want one.

I can't afford one.

But I like looking at the pictures.

I found one where it got to just over three grand without hitting the reserve.

Definitely too rich for my blood, but it'd automatically relisted.

And only got to $2,500 before the end.

Then $1,600...

I wonder what the next step down will be.

I've watched this progression before.

The people who were bidding big before check out because they know the seller isn't selling and the watchers make the same call, so it never bids up as high again.

On occasion, I've been able to snag something for cheap when the relist as a new, lower, reserve as the seller gives up and all the high rollers are long disinterested in the seller, if not the item.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.