11 January 2023

I'm Actually Impressed

The video card I cleaned out today was purchased in late 2010.

I'd left it basically alone to collect dust except for an annual, cursory, dusting of the innards of the machine.

In September 2021 it did it's first round of overheating and having trouble booting.

I started blasting out the dust monthly after that, but the card in its mounted and assembled condition prevents you from doing a thorough job.

Today, the card got that thorough cleaning!

It was easy to get apart and reassemble, which surprised the shit out of me.

Even better, it appears to have cured the problems I was having.

Still looking to replace the old girl, but the timeline is far less rushed now.

1 comment:

  1. money saved for more gun stuff...panzer guy

    ReplyDelete

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.