11 January 2023

Moose

Bob was someone who ate what he shot, but was also willing to pay a taxidermist to make a trophy of the meal.

A bull moose was on the list for the wall of heads.

After a few tries he finally got the license for a bull.

Out we went!  I had a cow license.

I was just enjoying the chilly air and the hike when Bob shushed me.

There, on the other side of a pond, was the bull he'd been looking for.

I noticed something about the pond just as he pulled the trigger.

The moose was IN the pond.

Now it was dead in the pond.

Yards from shore.

To say that it took effort to get the moose to land and then to the truck is a gross understatement.

That moose's head is on the living room wall, and we swear that it's the tastiest moose we've ever had.

Prolly because it took the most work.

2 comments:

  1. I shot a moose in BC and helped pack out two more. Shooting a moose in water is bad. Shooting a moose on land and watching it run into water is worse. Having to tie a rope around an antler in the middle of a lake and tow it in like a barge is memorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Swamp Donkey is big.

    Which makes me wonder, is the rule against wheeled or mechanized transport of any kind in lots of shooting areas a way of stopping people from shooting animals? Since America isn't Africa and there aren't villages of porters available I would say "Yes."

    ReplyDelete

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.