18 January 2023

Brick Wall

The only programs which open my odt for T2K properly are on the Mac side of things.

Anything that looks fine in NeoOffice or OpenOffice that runs on Mac is messed up in LibreOffice.

Once I did some moving things around, I can get a copy that works in OpenOffice on Win7, but it's fucked up in LibreOffice.

It's a really strange glitch on one line that won't fix.  If the text overlaps a tab, it takes off of the right margin like there's a tab off the page to the right.

To open in LibreOffice, I'm going to have to retype this bitch.

Saving to rtf didn't help.

The entire point of an open document format was to be able to cross platforms with it.

It's sure failing like a mofo.

On the plus side, it's JUST the T2K odt doing this strange shit, so retyping on Win7 should probably work.

4 comments:

  1. was it a word doc originally or excel?...Microsoft also had an excel viewer for older excel files... you can't modify anything but you should be able to open it and copy and paste to a new document... panzer guy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you have fonts issues? Macs have their own set of fonts that are... kind of unique to them. Even subtle issues with that can throw all kinds of formatting things off. In some cases you can correct for it by installing the right fonts on your other machines. You may be able to find where the TrueType or Type1 PS fonts are stored and moving them to your new machine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You could be right. I think I remember how to find those files too.

      Delete
    2. I did a little googling and provided some hopefully helpful links in your other thread.

      Delete

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.