22 January 2023

As Many As Smallpox

55gr 5.56x45mm from a 20" 1:12 pencil barrel works.

It worked well enough that the Russians Soviets copied the idea based on data they'd accumulated in Vietnam.

While improving the materials for the furniture on the A2 was something that needed to happen, and flat-tops give a flexibility unheard of in 'Nam...

I'm still not convinced we needed to change to 1:7 and should not have acquiesced to the Belgians in 1980.

I know I've read treatise after treatise about how to improve on M855, and how that leads to using heavier rounds; I don't think I've seen a comparison between M193 from a 1:12 barrel compared to a 77gr SMK from a 1:7.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: Sign your work. Try this link for an explanation: https://mcthag.blogspot.com/2023/04/lots-of-new-readers.html

Anonymous comments must pass a higher bar than others. Repeat offenders must pass an even higher bar.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.