16 January 2023

Banned?

Every time I hear about a magazine ban, I think of this:

September 13, 1994 date on that magazine.

Restricted to LE only.

And in my greasy hands in 2014.

This is not my oldest Glock 17 magazine.

This is not my newest Glock 17 magazine.

Neither my newest or oldest mags even bother with a date.

Sure, you can figure out the newest mags are post-a-specific-date by feature, but there's nothing stamped on them.

There are literally millions of Glock 17 magazines out there that don't give a single clue about when they were made that will work just fine in ANY Glock which accepts a 17-round magazine.

That's not a single model of Glock, by the way.

The horse is out of the barn.

4 comments:

  1. When people talk about banning magazines they should realize what they are banning... It's a freaking box with a spring in it! It is that simple. There aren't that many devices that are more basic than that. Literally you are banning it because the box is too big and the spring is too long???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm reminded of the late Jovian Thunderbolt's experience with Maryland compliant magazines in which the "evil" 15 round magazine was rendered "safe" by a dowel hot glued to the baseplate.

      Delete
  2. I got rid of my first AR because the way that law was written, even those in LE could not keep it if no longer employed and figured it wasn't worth it... of course a few years later the law expired and I could have kept it... panzer guy

    ReplyDelete
  3. A VERY liberal millennial friend of mine lives in a state that just passed an AWB. He was happy about that.. But when I explained to him that his glock was now regarded as an assault weapon by mere stroke of the pen, it began to sink in. To quote them, "But it's just a normal gun!". Too bad, Sam, throw away those illegal mags and buy some 10rd ones. I didn't have the heart to tell him Glock doesn't; make a reliable 10rd 9mm mag. -JKing

    ReplyDelete

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.