24 January 2023

License To Drive

 

Yesterday Marv and another friend went to The NASCAR Foundation's "License to Drive" event.

It's just silly fun, not racing or even pushing the car that hard.

But it was gratifying to see my friend driving my old Caprice and not being outperformed by the Mustang ahead of him.  He has the money to revive the project after all the neglect I'd heaped on her.

He had something of the same experience seeing his old car in the rear view!

Even at 80 mph the event maximum speed of 55 mph, it takes a lot of right wheel to go straight on the slight bank of the tri-oval across the finish line.

The Beast was very well mannered, as befits an Australian Pursuit Special.  I did the Main Force Patrol proud!

Thanks to Marv for providing and running the camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.