27 January 2023

Giving Their Cages A Rattle

 I wrote my state Congress Creatures today.

I see that Constitutional Carry is, once again, meeting resistance from the same corners of the state legislature as always.

What's the problem up there?

Is it that nobody understands the term?  Are they hoping that we voters can be fooled into thinking that a $0 concealed carry permit is the same as no permit required at all?

Is it that Disney has complained that some tourist who doesn't vote here or for you might succumb to the vapors upon seeing a firearm carried by a filthy unwashed civilian might cause them to go to California to spend their money?

Is it that they feel a need to embarrass Governor DeSantis and hurt his chances at running for President in 2024?

Is it old-fashioned racism because genuine Constitutional Carry will mean that blacks and other minorities will be able to carry what they will, where they will without interference from the police?

I genuinely want to know what the problem is.

It's been clear for years that Tallahassee doesn't understand what gun-control is.  The bills passed and signed by, now, Senator Scott informed us of that in spades.

Considering that there's no DisneyWorld in your district, ignoring The Mouse should be simple, especially with an honest voter saying they'd rather have more freedoms than fewer.

And it is the job you campaigned for.  Representing my wants and needs in the state capitol.  I believe there was an oath to defend my rights in there as well.

Are you as good as your word?

I predict a form letter response and nothing more.

Sadly.

1 comment:

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.