17 March 2023

Recoil Therapy

The Lovely Harvey is, slowly, making progress.

She's been fighting a pull to the left since her clearance to start shooting again.

We theorized that she's over-gripping with her right paw because she still can't feel it well.

So I had her slow down and squeeze slowly.

She repeated this pattern with two more magazines.

We think there might be some trigger jerking and flinch still going on, but I am so very proud of her for making solid progress.

When we first started back to the range, she was missing the paper with a few shots.

Then she started tightening up and missing the silhouette.

Then she was perforating the left side of the silhouette.

Now she's doing as pictured!

I took my Gen2 Glock 17 out and she put a mag through it too.  She did her first brass dance.  Did real well, put the gun down right away, then started digging for the spent case.  Just like you're supposed to!

Afterwards, coffee!



1 comment:

  1. the brass dance is for real...panzer guy...

    ReplyDelete

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.