24 March 2023

Shooted All Day

Got Wendy to the range to try out my M16A4 clone and the Remington 870.

Because she's all of 6 inches tall, those are awkwardly long guns and she needed some coaching to get up on the sights like she's supposed.

With the A4, due to my explaining it wrong, she did put a round into the sound deadening baffles in the ceiling.

After some assistance from the RO we got her hitting the target and getting everything in the -0 circle at 7-yards.

The 870...

Talked her into getting it in her shoulder, gave her a single round to shoot and, BOOM!

Cackles of laughter!

She liked it!

Three more rounds were consumed with her pumping for herself.

Fun was had by all.

Later, The Lovely Harvey and I hit the range and I put a few down the Hi Power's pipe.

Her pattern is getting tighter each time and she's got the most bored and disinterested brass dance developed.

"Oh, this appears to be hot."  Plucks it out, tosses. "I shall return to shooting."


3 comments:

  1. Why doesn't The Lovely Harvey just put on a shirt that covers the brass catchers? Slip it on over her outer wear only once she gets to the range?

    Admittedly, it's cute and neat that she can power through burning brass on the, ah, er, you know whats, but, still...

    Or I'll just stay out of y'all's business...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Where she's catching brass is actually that little pocket above the shoulder formed by the collarbone and the muscle.

      Her sports bra denies entry. It also keeps brass out.

      Delete
    2. Ah, I assumed. Because that's where brass seems to catch the few times I've seen it at the range.

      Makes me wonder if there's an aftermarket brass deflector.

      Delete

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.