28 March 2023

Yum!

If you watch the movie The Menu and don't walk way wanting that cheesburger, there's something wrong with you.

And you SHOULD go watch it.  It's excellent.

But that burger!


It's dirt simple and delicious.

Basic instructions are here.

The chef they hired has said in an interview that you should NOT overthink it.  The cooking is more important than the spices and sauces.

That hot, flat surface and chilled balls of meat are the secret.

It lets the outside get crusty and the inside to remain juicy and the correct temperature.

The chef said the spices they used was the cheap "steak seasoning" from any grocery store.  That's what I used.  Using about twice as much as I thought I'd need came out better.

For sauce, Harvey and The Boy went with the 50/50 ketchup and mayo from the link.  I made something from Bold A1 and mayo.

It might not be the best burger I've ever had, but it's certainly the best burger I've ever made.

And I can do it at will.

2 comments:

  1. I've always enjoyed a good burger, meat cool from the refrigerator, with American Cheese and ketchup on top, mayo on the bottom, iceberg lettuce and slices of a good dill pickle (not too thick, not too thin,) and a good tasty tomato slice (if the tomato has actual taste rather than some stored forever green forced ripe mealy flavorless POS.)

    Just like you describe. Though just a dash of salt and pepper instead of the steak seasoning.

    Home-made fries, of course. I like the outer pieces that have skin on them, wife likes the neat fries with no skin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the only cow I like a good cheeseburger. -JKing

    ReplyDelete

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.