06 March 2023

I'd Like It To Be Less Traceable

Cam Edwards suggests a tax credit for getting firearms training to assuage the worries of the gun-grabbers that without a class requirement to get a permit; the permitless toters will be opening the blood taps and flooding the streets.

I suppose it's not any more traceable than getting a permit is now.

But it galls me that it can be traced.

Not so much that I didn't get the permit, of course.

I'm certain I'm on "the list" already and before moving to Florida.

But why jump into a situation to be tracked once you've finally gotten out of another?

I have a suggestion, though, about the training.

Start teaching it to everyone in high-school.  Maybe even middle-school.

Add it to the physical-education curriculum.

But that doesn't much help the people who're long outside the primary education system, does it?

The cost of just giving the training away is trivial compared to the rest of the Pentagon's budget and, amazingly, it's something Congress is authorized to spend money on in the actual text of The Constitution!

Arming and training the militia.

It'd mean creating something I've long thought we should replace that NICS system with anyways.

An instant go-nogo check system that only gives a thumbs up or thumbs down response and doesn't record thumbs up transactions.

Get the thumbs up, you get the class for free and now you're trained militia!

Wins for everyone!

We could even have multiple levels of this training.

I mean, if it's so important that people be trained, shouldn't it be important enough to make it available to anyone who can own a gun for free?

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.